
I was invited to join the Burt's Bees® Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin Solutions BzzCampaign right the day before I left for Uganda, and I was super pumped to find the complimentary products on my doorstep when I returned. Spending two weeks on the equator will play havoc with sensitive skin, so it's the perfect time to try this particular product.
My kit contained this 6oz tube of Sensitive Facial Cleanser:
From the Burt's Bees peeps: "This soap-free cream cleanser is clinically proven to moisturize sensitive skin while gently cleansing away dirt, oil and make-up without over drying or causing redness. Distinctly formulated with softening Cotton Extract to help skin replenish its outer layer and minimize the effects of potential irritants such as harsh soaps or cleansers, it also moisturizes with Rice Extract and soothes with Aloe. Naturally gentle and skin-friendly for daily use, it’s what every sensitive product should be."
My opinion: I switched from a harsh anti-acne cleanser to Cetaphil cleanser about 4 months ago, and I've noticed a huge difference in the clarity and tone of my skin ... so I'm definitely on the soap-free cleanser team now. As a result, I'm used to the way my skin feels after using a soap-free cleanser and I love it! It takes time to get used to though, so I would encourage any new users to give it a few weeks before switching back just because your skin's new texture doesn't feel "clean" to you. Also, the cleanser comes out quickly... I think I'm using more product than I really need, but I will probably have it mastered in the next week or so.
My kit also contained this 1.8oz pump of Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream:
From the Burt's Bees peeps: "Clinically proven to moisturize sensitive skin all day without causing redness or irritation, this nourishing day cream is formulated with softening Cotton Extract to help skin replenish its outer layer and minimize the effects of potential irritants such as harsh soaps or cleansers. All while Rice Extract moisturizes and Aloe soothes your skin. Naturally gentle for daily use, it’s what your sensitive skin has been waiting for."
My opinion: It's only been a few days, but I'm already in love with this moisturizer! The pump mechanism distributes the perfect amount of moisturizer so I don't really waste any product. It also smells AMAZING and feels sort of tingly on my skin without causing any irritation. It honestly feels great when you're starting your day. The day moisturizer is calming, but light, so it absorbs quickly and I don't have to wait a long time before putting my makeup on. (My previous moisturizer was heavier and would cause my mineral powder to become greasy if I didn't wait a while between applications.) Living in Indiana with heavier winters, I'm not sure this moisturizer will be heavy enough when the cold/dry air arrives.
The line does include a Sensitive Night Moisturizing Cream and Sensitive Eye Cream , though, so I may buy those products and see if they work well for me in winter weather.


No comments:
Post a Comment