It seems like only yesterday that I was writing about Everett's 9th month! Oh, wait...
This month was a busy one for us. And I took about four thousand photos make up for losing last month's photo memories. It may take me a bit, but I will definitely choose the best ones and put them here for us to remember Everett's tenth month.
...........................................
This month Everett attended his first Pacers game! It was a great game, and he enjoyed all the cheering and the music. I'm not sure how much of the basketball he absorbed, but he was pretty excited to be with so many people, and he stayed happy the entire time... even though the game didn't end until 9pm.
It's still pretty cold here, so watching Caro's soccer games can be hit or miss. Generally, he loves to be outside and watch all the kids run around and scream, so it works. He still very much prefers that I feed him personally, so if I'm with him, and I offer him a bottle, he usually does this and pretends not to know how to take a bottle. ha!
| trying to drink from a bottle of water with it sitting on the ground |
| caught you! |
I know I'm a mean, mean mama, but I just think this sad face is too cute. Everett still (STILL!) doesn't have any teeth, but I know these little gummy sobs and grins will soon be a distant memory, so I usually grab as many snaps as I can. =)
I'm such a sucker for infant band tees. I know they're a dime a dozen these days, but I think it's hilarious when we wears his Run DMC shirt with a button down and chinos.
Everett has always been very attentive to Caroline and has his own tracking system for her whereabouts, but these days they can't get enough of each other. They really, truly adore one another. Mornings have been a little tough the last couple of years for Caro, but we've started waking her up by plopping Everett onto her bed and she wakes up with the biggest smile. They squeal and laugh and play for about 20 minutes each morning, and then he even plays in her floor while she gets ready for school. It's a dream!
This month Everett really started to play well on his own. Before it was a real struggle to keep him happy on his own, but now he LOVES his basket of toys. He's also really excited to take a walk every evening when we get home, and to play in the yard in this little Jeep from Les & Mark. The little Jeep is perfect for letting Everett feel the grass with his toesies, and he was happy to just sit and watch us for over an hour last weekend when we were doing lawn work, and for another hour when we were having a neighborhood yard sale. He and Chris are playing more tumbly lately, and he's learning to pick up and throw the baseball or whiffle ball when Chris hand/rolls it to him. It's just so sweet to see him playing with his daddy already. I really had no idea that it could start so early!
In other exciting news... Everett is FINALLY scooting. He's not crawling at all - mostly because he doesn't like to put both legs behind him. (He spends most of his time in a seated cheerleader pose, which ALWAYS makes me laugh and think of B!) But just this week he did decide to branch out and start scooting backwards a bit. Yesterday morning he scooted himself into a corner by the fireplace in the dining room and I heard some slightly urgent yelling from him. I came in to find this, which made me smile. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment