I'm starting a little series called "TDAY: This Day / Another Year....". So often we have these amazing days, and I want to be able to live in the moment... even if those moments stretch from sun-up to sun-down and I don't have an opportunity to journal about it.
So... today is my first "TDAY" post, and it's a good one! =)
TDAY in 2012.... we were in Waco for Everett's baby shower! Brandi had asked me several times about doing something to celebrate Everett's impending arrival, but I was initially hesitant. Primarily, because it made me nervous! We only had one wedding shower, and it was really more my mother's doing - I was so in love and in a hurry to marry Christopher that I really didn't care much about wedding traditions like showers, rehearsals, garters, etc.
It was the same situation when Caroline arrived. I was just so thankful for all of the love and support we were receiving from our family and church community that I didn't want to have a traditional shower where people felt they needed to bring gifts. I didn't think we needed gifts... just lots and LOTS of advice and prayer! ;)
This time, I felt a new stirring in my heart, but I didn't know quite how to share it. Luckily, B pressed in and asked what I really wanted. The answer... a celebration! I wanted to celebrate the miracle baby growing inside me! I wanted to celebrate the miracle baby that I prayed so desperately for! I wanted to celebrate the miracle baby that God was so graciously blessing us with... almost 9 years after the arrival of our blessing daughter.
After a good hour of laughing and crying together on the phone, sweet B asked one more time if she could please host such a celebration for us, and I happily accepted.
The shower was perfect... just as all of B's parties are!
Several of the dearest and most cherished ladies from our life in Waco poured their love, talents, and food into the shower as hostesses. I was so humbled and touched that Angela, Tiffany, and Lydia joined with B to plan such a perfect experience for Caro and I.
(**planning to add more to this post. most specifically, more about Angela, Tiffany, and Lydia... and photos of course!**)
It was a day full of surprises, including a super special surprise guest who almost sent me into labor with laughing and shrieking when she popped up in B's kitchen! Phantom Al drove all the way from Fort Smith to celebrate with us!
(I'm getting super sleepy... I'll update with more details and photos tomorrow. =0 )


No comments:
Post a Comment