Niagara Falls 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Yummy in my Tummy
Big things happening in the Cox household... and while we're waiting to see how things shake out, I've been making an attempt each week to make 2-3 new meals that we haven't had before.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Fettuccine Alfredo
Chicken and Dumplings
Spaghetti with Veal & Parmesan Meatballs
Grilled Asparagus
Candied Pecans
etc
And today, in my lunch, I have the most wonderful, delectable sandwich in the whole wide world!
With Everett on an avocado dinner diet, and eggs on sale for Easter activities, we have a ton of avocados and eggs in the house and it seemed like a great time to combine two of our FAVORITE foods.
Here's what she looks like:
(this photo is from the "Happy Healthy Mama" blog I read for the idea, but my sandwich looks exactly the same... sans pretty plate and coffee mug because I'm at work)
If you'd like to read the super simple instructions, as well as some compelling evidence for eating the WHOLE egg and not just the white, head over to the original post:
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
And, if you're the super secret gift giving type, you can find something on my wishlist here:
Farmer's Egg Crate
*Update: I ate my sandwich even though it isn't lunch time yet. It was amazing. The dill and cider vinegar gave it a yummy zip, but I don't think they were entirely necessary. I'll definitely make it again! (The only slightly weird thing was the color. The egg salad looks like egg salad. But the avocado makes it green. I was quite pleased with the freshness of the avocado, but I think my co-workers were seriously skeptical about my green egg sandwich. =D )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment