Everett’s
7
th
month started like gangbusters with his first… FOOD!
Whew!
He was waiting patiently while we finished traveling and while I tried
to increase my milk supply that was fluctuating more than desired due to
travel, dietary inconsistencies, anxiety, and, well, grief.
When we turned six months old, we knew it was
time.
I needed a little more time to get
used to the idea of not being the sole provider of Everett’s nutrition, so he was
a week into his 7
th month when he had his first tastes of food.
(I’ve written a little more about that here,
and don’t particularly wish to relive it.
We’ll skip to the fun parts!)
 |
| First foods - everyone gets a turn! |
 |
| Just try to tell me this kid wasn't happy to be eating! |
The cereal caused some major tummy troubles, so we moved off
cereal and directly onto veggies. I
really LOVE my BEABA, and Sunday afternoon baby-food making is a highlight each
weekend. In his 7th month,
Everett tried and loved: peas, carrots,
spinach, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, acorn squash, and mixed grain cereal.
 |
| It's a little ridiculous how much I enjoy making Everett's food. |
 |
| Sweet sister! |
 |
| Cracks me up when they both open their mouth for every bite. =) |
Nursing Everett continues to be my favorite job.
I love how sweet and soft those moments
are.
He cracks me up when he’s nursing
because his body seems to have dual personalities.
His eyes close, his cheeks get flushed, his
breathing gets heavy, and his little hands stay still and wrapped around mine….
but his legs flop around occasionally and his feet dance NON-STOP the entire
time.
Sometimes, though I try so hard
not to disrupt the peace, I can’t stop myself from laughing and the waking him
enough for him to open one eye and look to see what all the commotion is
about.
 |
| Afternoon snuggles with Mommy |
I also love his “okay I’m almost finished” signals.
He starts to wake a bit, and his hands start
wandering.
While his eyes are still
shut, he starts to pat himself on the side. Then he starts to pat me, and
eventually his hands move to my face where he pats my cheek and feels around
for my nose and mouth.
When he finds my
mouth his hands stops, and he waits for me to kiss his palm.
With that, he smiles just enough to unlatch,
turns his head, and opens his huge brown eyes to look and me and start
babbling.
 |
| Beginning of the Month: still propped up |
 |
| End of the Month: sitting like a champ! |
Everett really is an incredibly happy and content baby, but occasionally he gets a bit sleepy/cranky in the evenings (usually due to NO NAP during the day.. geez!) and he especially enjoys listening to Chris play the guitar or playing with Caroline until it's late enough for him to have a bath and go to sleep.
 |
| I'm sleeeepy, and my Mommy won't pick me up because she wants to take pictures of me before I get my first teeth! |
 |
| Wagon Wheel is a personal favorite! |
 |
| Beautiful Caro |
 |
| PorkChop enjoying music in the evening (with a great view of AlPal's masterpiece) |
 |
| I think he's relieved to have outgrown the babydoll stroller! |
This month our little PorkChop figured out how books work, and now he's obsessed! He loves to chew them, throw them, and turn the pages. He also likes to sit in our lap while we read aloud. Doesn't have to be a children's book, as long as we're reading aloud and turning pages. =)
 |
| Everett learns about Amelia Earhart. |
 |
| My blessing babies |
Everett continues to LOVE his time at daycare, which helps
with my Mommy-heart problems. He
continues to love Miss Jacquie like nobody’s business, but he’s also building
relationship with the other babies. Now
that they’re sitting, they can see and play with each other so much more! And they’re all happier! It’s remarkable how much difference that
milestone made in the noise level of their room.
 |
| Smiles for Miss Jacquie at drop-off. |
Now when I drop him off and pick him up,
they’re all sitting in a little circle facing each other. There’s usually a basket of small wooden toys
and they love to lean forward, take toys out, and drop them or pass them
around. They smile and laugh at each
other, and occasionally grab for each other’s hands and toes. We continue to feel God’s blessings over his
daycare situation – God shows me each and every day that He knows my heart, He
knows my worries, and He knows my needs.
He also knows Everett’s heart, worries, and needs, and he is covering
each and every one of them every single day.
I vote the one of him crying go next to the one of Caro on moms kitchen wall.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it ADORABLE?! I have 6 more just like it. I may frame the whole series. =)
ReplyDelete