Niagara Falls 2013

Niagara Falls 2013

Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break?

We used to spend Spring Break like this:

 Or this...

Or this....




Or, at the very least, this...


This week, it looks a little more like this:






We had our first actual winter storm come through yesterday.  We've had lots of beautiful snows over the last three winters, but never an actual winter storm that includes wind or other precipitation.  I walked into Kroger yesterday afternoon for my meal planning shopping in a long-sleeved tshirt and some running capris from my afternoon workout, and I was quite comfortable.  I emerged from the store an hour later to find 30 mph winds, snow blowing so furiously that my eyes couldn't focus, and ice on the streets.  It was knuts.

By dinnertime, we had a solid 6 inches.  Christopher and Caroline bundled up and headed out with two flashlights and the sled.  I was a bit skeptical about this adventure, but everyone returned home in one piece an hour later, and we even staked claim to the neighborhood's first snowman "Snow-lan Ryan"!  Actually, Caroline was in absolute hysterics as she recounted their various of approaches to night-sledding.  It was a sweet moment to see Caro and her Daddy sharing belly laughs in front of the fire. 

I love those two.  They have a beautifully, wonderfully deep and diverse relationship, and I'm intensely proud of father that Christopher has worked very intentionally to become. 

Snow-lan Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment