I was miffed they "moved" Halloween activities from Oct 31st to Nov 1st... until I came home to find these lovely jack-o-lanterns in our front yard.
I am thankful for romance. Romance looks different to me today than it did 11 years ago, but it's richer and stronger and more beautiful that I imagined it could be.
A fancy chocolate bar that appears out of nowhere at the end of a long day. A dressed up, clean shaven husband who greets me at the door at 11pm when I'm finally home from the airport, and gives me a long hug even though it's the bottom of the 8th and the Red Sox are about to win the World Series AT FENWAY. A pumpkin that professes to the entire neighborhood that he loves me as much as I love him.
I could go on and on, but he's probably already mortified that I've written this much and I really don't want those chocolate bars to disappear. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment