Niagara Falls 2013

Niagara Falls 2013

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 10: Thankful for the Gift of Nursing

I'm so thankful I was able to nurse Everett, and for so long. 

Notice the was.  I think tonight was the last time we'll share that time together.  I knew it was coming, and I'd been battling guilt about it.  I had so many work trips (3 trips just last month) that required me to be away from home; I knew I was unintentionally weaning him. 

Tonight, like a sweet gift from Heaven, we read books and snuggled and giggled to each other while we played peak-a-boo in the rocking chair.  I held him close to nurse him, but after about 60 seconds he pulled away, smiled, and signed... "More Books?"

Gosh, if I had to come to the realization that nursing was over in some way/shape/form, having my son pull away and sign for "More Books" sure was an ideal way to get there! 

My Heavenly Father loves me so much. He sees my heart, He knows my needs, and He knows how to surprise and delight me in the most unexpected moments. 

I'm so excited to see how Everett's relationship with the Lord will grow as he learns to sing and dance and read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment