I'm so thankful for our church, and specifically for the community of support that we've found at CG.
Today was Baby Dedication Sunday, which I always love. But today the sweet little Kunkel babies were dedicated and I really had to work hard to hold it together. Kiki and Koko (now Mena and Katie) were a big part of my prayers last fall and winter as their sweet mama laid still as can be for 16 weeks in the NICU to keep them as safe as possible. I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would protect them, and I pleaded with him to keep them safe and allow them to be born healthy and whole. It was the same time period that I was also praying and praying and praying that God would heal Brandi and allow her to live.
We were driving to Fayetteville for B's funeral when Ted sent us a short and sweet note. Kiki and Koko were delivered safely at 32 weeks.
God is always God. His will is perfect. And He hears ALL of my prayers.
I am so happy and proud to be part of Mena and Katie's lives. I am looking forward to fulfilling my commitment to those sweet girls, and to their parents whom I love so much.
(Here are two photos from the luncheon after the dedication. I'm sure I'll find a photo of the girls in the next day or so, but these photos of us playing in the front yard will have to do until then.)


No comments:
Post a Comment